Thursday, 28 January 2016

January 27 - 28 Travel


I left home before noon on Wednesday on a beautiful somewhat warm day.  As I was driving to Halifax I couldn't help but notice the outside temperature and immediately think last years drive to Halifax in 4x4 most of the way.  A trip that should have been 3.5 hours took 7.  Not today.  Dry clear pavement.



Upon checking into the hotel, I did my usual routine of separating winter-ware for summer reducing my foot ware to sandals.  

January 28 - 3:15AM  Rise and Shine

Being a bit of a night owl I was unable to sleep the night before even though lights were out at 9:PM. I was still awake when my alarm sounded and was standing in Delta line at the airport in less then an hour.

DL3881
Departure:YHZ HALIFAX NS, CANADA 5:55A
Arrival:JFK NEW YORK JFK, NY 7:20AM

DL0461
Departure:JFK NEW YORK JFK, NY 8:35AM 
Arrival:SXM ST MAARTEN, SINT MAARTEN 1:55PM

I arrived 30 minutes before Eric and his mom Betty.

We took the short, but scenic, taxi to Philipsburg and checked into the Pasanggrahan ideally located on the Great Bay boardwalk.



Balcony View - Left
Balcony View Right

Balcony View
The Closest Beach Bar

After a couple of cocktails followed by dinner it was time to settle in for the night.  I was very tired from the early start and a day of flying.