Friday, 19 February 2016

Friday February 19, 2016

Travel Day

Eric left on an early morning flight for the Dominican Republic reducing our group to 2.  Gwyn and I met for late breakfast and immediately started the departure procedures (bellman, taxi, flight check-in, customs/immigration, security, gate wait). 

Delta 767 
2:35PM - 5:59PM 
STT -> JFK

Delta 4178 
8:59PM - 11:58PM 
JFK -> YHZ 

Due to a tropical rain storm my flight was delayed leaving St Thomas.  I was ok with this as I had a 3 hour layover in New York. 

One last look at the islands



The 8:59PM departure flight from JFK was delayed until 9:25PM 
Reason: they were waiting for a plane. Ok, we need a plane to fly.  I can wait.  

We were boarded as soon as the plane arrived but then sat without moving until 10:51PM when we backed away from the gate.
Reason: 'We are waiting for the paperwork', WTF. Why didn't they let us sit in the airport until they were ready for us. I have a feeling this 'paperwork' requirement didn't just become policy at 9:30PM on February 19. 

Taxi for take-off 10:59PM, two hours late.  
 
Not a good flying day for our group. Eric's flight was redirected to another airport in the Dominican and Gwyn's flight was delayed 3 hours leaving St Thomas. 

1:45AM Arrived in Nova Scotia.  -6C

Shuttle to the Hilton Express 

The End

Til next time....donnie