Saturday, 6 February 2016

Saturday February 06, 2016

During breakfast we discussed where we should be for Superbowl Sunday.  Although not as important to me it was somewhat important to my american boat mates. One option was to stay on this island an additional night and taxi to the other side where they were airing the game or with tomorrow being Sunday, in order to clear customs in Marigot before noon we would have to leave at 6:00AM.  We choose the latter.

Scott skipped off to clear us from customs which meant we had 24 hours to leave the island.  We decided to motor a couple of miles to Columbier, a National Park.  We secured the boat to one of the last moorings and lunch was on, fish tacos & soy tacos.  They had the fish ones.

Renee took Al, Eileen, and Eric for a snorkel while Scott and I stayed back and raised the Canadian flag and admired “Ranger” a past America’s Cup vessel.

Before dinner we snacked on cheese and crackers.  I introduced Renee to Hallumi cheese.  Dinner on board consisted of Pork Loin or Tofu with coconut rice and grilled Zucchini.  As I write my menu options I am not giving them justice.  Renee constantly exceeds my expectations in creating vegetarian plates for me.  That is the difference between a cook and a chef.   
Columbier

Columbier

Ranger

Ranger

Snorkel Party



Oh Canada

The rock formation on the hill looks like an animal offering a paw